Τετάρτη 8 Φεβρουαρίου 2006

A Day in the Life of a Musician by Erik Satie





An artist must regulate his life.

Here is a time-table of my daily acts. I rise at 7.18; am inspired from 10.23 to 11.47. I lunch at 12.11 and leave the table at 12.14. A healthy ride on horse-back round my domain follows from 1.19 pm to 2.53 pm. Another bout of inspiration from 3.12 to 4.7 pm. From 5 to 6.47 pm various occupations (fencing, reflection, immobility, visits, contemplation, dexterity, natation, etc.)

Dinner is served at 7.16 and finished at 7.20 pm. From 8.9 to 9.59 pm symphonic readings (out loud). I go to bed regularly at 10.37 pm. Once a week (on Tuesdays) I awake with a start at 3.14 am.

My only nourishment consists of food that is white: eggs, sugar, shredded bones, the fat of dead animals, veal, salt, coco-nuts, chicken cooked in white water, mouldy fruit, rice, turnips, sausages in camphor, pastry, cheese (white varieties), cotton salad, and certain kinds of fish (without their skin). I boil my wine and drink it cold mixed with the juice of the Fuschia. I have a good appetite but never talk when eating for fear of strangling myself.

I breathe carefully (a little at a time) and dance very rarely. When walking I hold my ribs and look steadily behind me.

My expression is very serious; when I laugh it is unintentional, and I always apologise very politely.

I sleep with only one eye closed, very profoundly. My bed is round with a hole in it for my head to go through. Every hour a servant takes my temperature and gives me another.

4 σχόλια:

amvro είπε...

φαντάζεσαι να είχες τέτοιο πρόγραμμα κάθε μέρα?
Toν θεωρούσαν τρελό. έγραψε όμως μουσική μπροστά απο την εποχή του, με έναν σαγηνευτικό μινιμαλισμό. τον ακούω ακατάπαυστα. δείγμα της μανίας μου με τον ερικ σατί είναι ασφαλώς και ότι τον ανέβασα στο blog.
ωραίο κομμάτι. πηγή?

members of the Lilipoua Oua-Oua tribe είπε...

Με πιάνει ασφυξία μόνο και μόνο που το σκέφτομαι!
Του άρεσε πάρα πολύ να προκαλεί με τη μουσικη και τις δηλώσεις του οπότε θέλω να πιστεύω ότι και αυτό το πρόγραμμα είναι μια φάρσα!
Ρίξε μια ματιά στο www.ubu.com
Έχει άπειρο υλικό από πάρα πολλά καλλιτεχνικά ρεύματα του 20ου αιώνα..

Μαύρος Γάτος είπε...

Πολύ διαφωτιστικό...

Εμ δεν γίνεται να χτύπάς κάρτα οκτάωρο (ή δεκάωρο ή δεκαπεντάωρο τότε) και να γ΄ραψεις το gymnopedie....

Σ;)))))))))))

Ανώνυμος είπε...

Excellent, love it! homeade protien supplement Discover corporate credit cards helmet mounted video camera Billig webspace domains webhosting persian flower Sony dvd handycam camcorder dcr dvd92 Balance transfer worldperks visa payment online lose weight++ Subwoofer car speakers Cheapest bontril check



SYNC BLOGS